Homemade Salsa Contest
Thursday, October 6, 5:30pm:
It’s time to get spicy at the library! Join us for this 4th annual event for the entire community. Bring your favorite homemade salsa to be judged and shared. Cold beverages will be available to cool down your tongue—as needed!
HOW IT WORKS
You will stay with your salsa as the community comes around to sample.
Cups with chips will be provided. You will be responsible for spooning salsa into each person’s cup as they come around to taste.
TASTING AND VOTING
The community will walk around to each station to taste the various salsas. Contestants will not be able to vote. The community will vote for the People’s Choice. The winner will receive a fun prize.
- You may enter only one salsa.
- Salsas must be made from scratch, no store-bought concoctions.
- Bring your salsa to the library in a covered plastic bowl.
- Please prepare about 4 cups for tasting.
- Both inexperienced and experienced cooks are eligible to enter the contest, BUT salsas must be made in a home kitchen.
- Salsas must be received at the library at 5:00 pm on the evening of the contest, Thursday, October 6th.
- Please rate your salsa as: Mild, Medium, or Hot.
- The judging of each category will take place between 5:45pm and 6:30pm.
- The salsa with the most votes will win The People’s Choice award. Vote only once.
- The library will provide chips and beverages for the judging and the tasting!
Judging will be done by members of the community.