During the library remodel (Winter/Spring 2010), we request that patrons hold off on making donations of materials. We will have limited space to sort and store materials while the project is ongoing. If you cannot wait to make a donation, please contact library staff.
Generally, the Library welcomes gift books as long as they are NOT:
- Musty, moldy or water-damaged
- Dirty (greasy, food-stained, insect-infested, etc.)
- Marked by pens, pencils, crayons or highlighters
- Physically damaged (i.e. have broken bindings, loose or torn pages, or damaged covers
- Non-commercial audiotapes, VHS tapes, DVDs and so on; i.e. materials in violation of copyright law
- Textbooks & Encyclopedias
LIMITATION ON DONATIONS
Due to space and staffing limitations, the Library can only accept up to three boxes or bags of books per day from each donor
HOW GIFTS ARE UTILIZED
Some gift books are added to our collection. Many books go to the Friends of the St. Helena Public Library for their book sales which benefit the library by providing funds for furniture, equipment and other enhancements. Other books may be placed on our FREE BOOKS shelf for recycling into the community.
A receipt for donations is available upon request.